If you are able to sign in to your Instagram account through a web browser but getting “Sorry there was a problem with your request” message when trying to log in via its official app from a particular device, it is likely that your device is banned by Instagram.
If you are done with uninstalling and reinstalling of the Instagram app but still facing the same issue, read further to learn several proven methods to fix this annoying login problem.
Why ‘Sorry there was a problem with your request’ error happens?
If you are getting error message while logging into the Instagram app that means Instagram has temporarily banned or restricted your account from accessing through the app on that specific device.
There can be several reasons for this login error message.
- Posting offensive or malicious content that is against Instagram’s policies.
- Violating the Terms and conditions of Instagram.
- Mass reporting against your Instagram account.
The plenty of updates that Instagram has been getting frequently, can also be a reason behind this error issue.
On breaking any of its guidelines, Instagram could temporarily restrict you from accessing your account through the app on a specific device or phone.
In this case, you should be able to access your Instagram account through the web browser on a desktop or on another device.
If you have not violated any terms and conditions of Instagram and still facing the issue, you can let them know via E-mail.
If your device is banned by Instagram for breaking the guidelines, factory resetting your device and using Parallel space application would be the most effective ways to fix the problem.
Since Factory Resetting can cause data loss, you can try several other methods to get rid of this Insta-account log issue.
Method 1: Temporarily Disable Your Instagram Account
One of the easiest ways to get rid of this “Sorry There Was a Problem with Your Request” message is to disable your Instagram account for a certain period of time.
- Log into your Instagram account from any web browser on your computer.
- Go to Profile, click on Edit Profile and select Temporarily Disable My Account. Write down any reason for disabling the account. You are allowed to disable your account only once in 7 days.
- Wait for 4-6 hours and then try to log in your account through the mobile app. Now you should be able to log in your account using the app on your phone.
Method 2: Parallel Space Application
This is nothing but cloning of your Instagram app to let you log in to your account without getting “Sorry there was a problem with your request” message”.
- Go to Play Store and download Parallel Space application on your device.
- Open the application and find the Instagram app to make a clone of it.
- A shortcut of the cloned Instagram app will be created on your mobile home screen
- Tap the cloned Instagram app to open and enter your login credentials.
- Voila! You have successfully logged in to your Instagram account from your phone.
With this cloned Instagram app on your device, you will not be able to use the regular Instagram app to accesses your account.
You may also Like: 100+ Best Soccer Captions for Instagram
Method 3: Create a new Facebook Account
This one is the most used and convenient solutions to get the accesses back to your Instagram account via the official mobile app.
- Open a browser on your mobile and enter http://instragram.com on the address bar.
- Log in to your Instagram account and go to Setting.
- If you have connected your Instagram account with any Facebook account, just remove it.
- Open a new tab on the browser and create a new Facebook account.
- Login your Instagram account through the official app from some other device.
- Go to Setting and link the newly registered Facebook account with your Instagram account.
- Uninstall Instagram from the device on which you are getting the error message while trying to log in.
- Go to Play Store and install Instagram again on your mobile.
- Try to log in to your account with the newly created Facebook account.
Hurray! You will successfully be login to your Instagram account via the mobile app without any error.
Method 4: Factory Reset your phone
You should consider Factory Resetting as the last resort to fix this problem because it will wipe out all the data from your phone. It is important to back up your data before opting for this solution.
- Go to Setting on your phone and find Factory Reset option
- Initiate the Reset and wait for the entire process to complete successfully
- Once the process is complete, go to the Play Store to download the Instagram mobile app on your device.
- Try to log in to your Instagram account.
Hopefully, this time you will be able to log in to your Instagram account via the app without any error.
Use Method 5: Instagram Help Centre to verify your Account
If reinstalling Instagram app or temporary disabling of account, fails to solve your problem, you can try these given steps to fix the log in error issue.
- Go to Setting and find Apps or Application Management option.
- Find the Instagram in all apps and click it to open
- Then click the Clear Data and Clear cache option.
- Restart your phone
- Go to Instagram app and select Get help signing in.
- Find Send an SMS in the Access your account option and click it.
- Enter your mobile number to receive a password reset link to your phone.
- Click the reset link and it would ask you whether you like to open a browser -Chrome, Instagram, etc.
- Select Chrome and reset a New Password for Instagram.
- Click Verify by SMS to complete the authentication process of Instagram.
- Enter the 6-digit security code and click Verify Account.
Congratulations! You are all set to log in to your Instagram account with the mobile app on your device.
Instead of your phone number, you can use the registered E-mail to get the password reset link.
If facing Instagram login issues or getting “Sorry there was a problem with your request” messages, try one of these given solutions to fix this annoying problem.
If you have tried all these methods to fix your Instagram log in issue but still getting the error message, don’t worry folks, it’s could be an Instagram bug, which might be fixed in the next Instagram update.